I let my sister play around with Manic Panic bleach and color on the most under layer of my hair for this cool peek-a-boo look. Yeah, their bleach is crap but we had fun. :)
My sister told me to do an over night treatment on the bleached portion before we added color so I wouldn't end up with fried hair. Smart sister! (She's also one who does research on the whole hair side of things like I do skin ;) So I took her advice and decided to try the coconut oil...
The list of uses for this remarkable product is so vast I won't bother to keep you here prattling them off!
Just know, if you get an unbleached, organic brand from Whole Foods you should be safe.
I bought their store brand for my first try and so far so good.
What you'll need:
A head wrap or towel to protect your bedding/pillow
pony tail holder and bobby pins
After your day has ended and you've washed your face, you are probably ready to call it a night...
This will only take a moment I promise!
1. Get your coconut oil and a clean spoon from the kitchen
2. Once in the bathroom and if desired a towel on your shoulders, scoop out enough to fit in the palm of your hand, but not so much you can rub your hands together w/out loosing half of it.
(You don't want a TON in your hair!)
3. Start working your way through your hair and avoid going directly to the skin, you don't want an oily face when waking up.
4. Use a pony tail holder to place hair on top of your head overnight.
(And bobby pins if you small strays with a layered haircut)
5. Place towel on pillow and go to sleep!
6. Shampoo as normal the next day.
(I usually lather-rinse-repeat. And used a liiiiittle conditioner on my ends out of sheer habit haha)
7. Try to see if you can go a day or two with shampooing as to let this treatment fully indulge your lovely locks! (I usually try to stay away from styling products for this so I don't have to wash my hair...)
This saved my hair after that bleach and once again became super soft and manageable!
Please come visit me on my facebook page and click "Like" to follow more tips and tricks for skin, body and all over health at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shannon-P-Aesthetician-Professional-Makeup-Artist/135714456464011