Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Non-Toxic DIY Drain Cleaner!
Ever use those drain cleaners that aren't supposed to touch your skin?
Or they burn your nose with a level of intensity that it makes your eyes water?
I have too.
They work well but they're not exactly family friendly...
With my first baby on the way I'm happy to find new ways to clean and not worry if any harm is being done to me or my unborn child. Not to mention after the baby is born and begins to grow and explore.
Here's a cheap non-toxic DIY drain cleaner I JUST learned about and it seems to work really well!
Baking soda & white vinegar.
(Your non-toxic DIY drain cleaner system!)
Seriously. That's it!
Here's what you do:
1. Sprinkle a healthy amount of baking soda down the desired drain or drains.
2. Pour your white vinegar down and listen for the "fizz" effect.
3. Quickly block the drain and let set for 30 min.
4. Run hot, hot water for 30 seconds down drain after plug has been removed.
5. And you're finished! Should be done weekly :)
Simple, easy and it doesn't hurt your skin or your nose.
(Unless you have an allergy to either. Then use gloves.)
Have a great day!