Monday, July 23, 2012

Cheap DIY bathroom cleaners!

Good afternoon!!
I have some exciting news to be sharing soon but not just yet...
(It'll explain my lack of posting.)
The very idea of sitting down to think or experiment wasn't the most inviting idea during the last month or so... Eugh. However, I did get a lot of research in!

But now for today's blog DIY topic.
A cheaper and safer way to clean your bathroom!
I don't know about you, but I LOVE the smell of a freshly cleaned bathroom.
One of those satisfying things in life isn't it?
And is it just me or are cleaners and their prices skyrocketing?? 
Crazy with all of this inflation. :0/
Anyway.
Here are a few things to help you not only help your pocketbook save for a rainy day,
But also protect yourself against harmful chemicals.


 First Off!
Lemon/Orange Cleaner:
(Great for counter tops and toilet wipe downs)
You will need...
Plastic or glass spray bottle 

Vinegar

Water

Lemon and/or Orange peel
(I use both!)

1. You're going to mix 1 part water with 1 part vinegar to your spray bottle.

2. Add your peels 
(About 1 lemon and 1 orange if using both. If not 2 lemons etc..)

3. Let set for roughly 5-7 days in a cool dark place.
(You'll also want to keep it in such a location when not in use.)

4. Spray and wipe with paper towels when ready to clean!

Now the smell may be overwhelming to some but I find you do get used to it.



Next!

Toilet cleaner:


1. Sprinkle baking soda in and around the sides then add a little vinegar to the water.

2. Let set for 30 to 45 min if you can.
(10 to 15 on the low end)

3. Use brush to scrub then flush.

** Caution to how much vinegar you use, you don't need a volcano in your bathroom toilet ;)

** You can use this same idea for your bathroom tub too!
Just with some water and add the two ingredients and let set.
(Use a scrubby sponge :)



Yet Another!

Shower walls:

Take one of these little guys and fill with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 Dawn dish soap.
Use after every shower and start noticing on how this helps.
(It'll be easiest if you use right before you actually get out of the show so you have that warm water running down the walls.)


I haven't found a floor cleaner that I like yet other than some diluted bleach... And I mean diluted!
And in a pinch I always keep those little Clorox wipes behind the toilet for mid week wipe downs. 

Well there ya have it!

Hope this helps, I know it def cuts back on the spending for cleaners and allows to save more for some other needed items or those days you simply need for fun!!

Talk at ya soon,
Shannon <3







3 comments:

  1. Great post. So simple yet so interesting and helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

    ~ Northwood Carpet Cleaners Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to make but I can already expect great results. Thank you I love when I learn how to make stuff on my own <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really needed this because I'm on a budget Thank you for sharing and helping me clean easier and for much less money.

    ReplyDelete