Monday, June 18, 2012
Something simple: Cucumber water!!
Looks to be another hot one today, phew...
Let's look at a refreshing beverage you've prob seen or already tried shall we?
I know you're prob thinking this is a super easy DIY... Why on earth post it?
Well, it just so happens to be a water with many hidden secrets that will greatly benefit you alone or you and your little one if you're pregnant, trying to become pregnant or nursing.
I love cucumbers to start out with so I adore the taste, however some it takes time to fall in love with.
But I promise you, this will make your body smile!
(Unless you're allergic which I'm finding there's a handful who are. Who'd a thunk it??)
Here are a few reasons why you should be drinking cucumber water:
1. If you're looking to loose some weight and are working out, eating right and trying to keep your system flushed properly, this would be a great help to you...Cucumber water is hydrating and low on calories!
2. It has some key vitamins and nutrients your body needs on a daily basis such as:
Vitamins A, C, E & K
Potassium, Iron,Calcium etc...
3. This wonder may also help those battling obesity, cancer and high cholesterol.
4. Cumber is good for ladies who are pregnant and or looking to get pregnant, the cucumber has properties that help with baby's development! This should be a staple for an expecting mother.
5. Some say cucumber water isn't great during breast feeding an infant due to the potential laxative effect it may have on your baby. If you drink it in smaller amounts you should really be fine.
Just read your body and that of your newborn. If you're really concerned, be sure to ask a midwife or somebody along the more nutritional line of things....
6. There are claims a cucumber water diet is great for belly fat, this one I'm not sure of as most diets really aren't what people praise them to be... Half the time you're killing you're body vs helping it.
(But that's another topic all together...)
Now used as a water fast?
This may do the trick for some intensive detox techniques!
Now here's the trick to getting what you need out of this refreshing beverage...
The best way to get full benefit out of making cucumber water is:
1. Make it in a 1 to 2 gallon pitcher right before you go to bed!
(The longer it sits and chills, the bigger the impact on your body.)
2. For best result keep it cool or out of direct sunlight and toss after 2 days.
3. You can slice half of a cucumber or a whole cucumber.
(Heck, make yourself a travel cup the day before with a few slices and grab it if you have a busy day ahead of you! Trust me, flavored water works like a dream on a busy day with little time to rest. )
4. Most importantly, enjoy!
You'll love your new found energy :)
Here are a few links to look at and see some more facts on cucumber water:
Have a wonderful day!