Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Milkshake w/Coconut Oil!! YUM!!

Greetings!!!

So I JUST bought a small tub of coconut oil yesterday at Whole Foods.
I paid around $11.00 for 16 FL OZ which really isn't that bad. 
And since a little goes a long way this makes the price look even better!

Anyway.

I've been playing with it and I thought a milkshake sounded yummy so I decided to whip one up adding some of my coconut oil for flavor and added nutrition. (Esp since it helps with hydration and I've been feeling kinda blah for a couple days now so it seemed like a good idea.)
 To say the least I am beyond pleased and have a very happy tummy!!

If you want to make the same quick and yummy milkshake I just did here's what you'll need:

A handful of strawberries



Handful of blueberries


 Vanilla Yogurt: The amount is up to you, I wanted mine kinda thick. Eyeball it.



A little less or just about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, slightly softened.
(As you can see my phone takes crappy pictures haha But you get the idea :)


1/4 to 1/2 a cup of whole milk, or simply eyeball it.

Blend well and enjoy!!!


**For those who have any allergies adjust to what suits your diet and or fruit preference.

I was shocked at how refreshing the coconut oil was and what it did to marinate all of the other flavors. I will def be playing around more with my cooking and coconut oil!!! 

Have a wonderful day!
 Bask in the delight of eating something sweet yet healthy :)

Shannon <3 

P.S.
(I am hoping to one day have a camera that I fully document all my steps directly but until then stand in pics will have to do...Thanks for understanding!)








No comments:

Post a Comment