Monday, February 20, 2012

Ladies, interested in whiter fingernail tips??

Let's talk about dirt!
The dirt under and around the nails.



Are you grossed out like me when you see people with filthy nails and you see them touching the same doors and things you to?? EEEEeeeeee....me too!!
Our fingernails and under can carry some pretty disgusting crud.
Now I get it that some people have professions where they are always around dirt and gunk.
I lived in a garage with my guy friends when I was a teenager and I worked on a ranch.
So I definitely get it!

However.

With all of these super germs (and regular everyday) that keep popping up it gets one thinking about what more can I do to protect myself? Doesn't it? We all work around other people and know people don't keep their hands as clean as they really should. My co worker Linda at the spa reminded me you should sing "Happy Birthday" while washing your hands to know how long it should take to thoroughly cleanse.
I had forgotten that!

But what are some other tips to keeping clean?

Hydrogen Peroxide is cheap, convenient and easy to get a hold of!
It's slightly more dense than water and has a funky smell to some but it's a wonderful bottle of joy to keep under your bathroom sink! I usually keep at least 2.
Hydrogen Peroxide is Anti-Viral, Antibacterial as well as Anti-fungal.

You can use it for the following:
A mouth rinse (Which my husband swears by!)
Clean out cuts and other various ouchies.
You an soak your tooth brush in there for 10 min to kill germs and bacteria.
Can help cleanse various things of nasty stuff in your kitchen.
Ect....

But I want to mention a quick way to soak your fingernails!

It's simple:
Here are a few things I use when I don't have much time and still want to take care of my nails...

 1. Wash your hands in warm water with soap so your nails are already wet.

2. Take a small glass or plastic bowl and pour some hydrogen peroxide in, enough so it can comfortably cover each nail and slightly above the fist place where you finger bends.

3. Let soak for 10 min.
You should see bubbles and feel some fizz, and be warned as if you have a cut it may sting.
Don't freak out if your skin gets little white patches.
It's normal and mine have ALWAYS gone away shortly after I take my fingers out and they are dry.

4. After 10 min you may remove and either proceed with an at home manicure (Which I will have another blog for when I get some pics taken!) or dry them off and use some lotion to moisturize if you desire. I live in CO so I usually don't have lotion very far.
(Actually, there's a bottle at every sink in my house!) 

Ladies, you will LOVE this if you like your natural nails long, it will give them a french tip effect, add clear coat and you're good to go!!
And if you have artificial soak them anyway to help keep underneath clean.
Gentlemen, this is great no matter what job you have! It'll help keep sickness away from you and your loved ones. :)



That's all I have for now and I hope you liked this little tip!
Keep  coming back and let me know what you'd like to see, have me try ect.. I love to do this and more importantly I love talking with you!!

Warmly,
Shannon <3




No comments:

Post a Comment