Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Good Morning All!
I have a breakfast shake I wanted to post about that's super easy and fast!
I was inspired by my friend Melissa who owns the blog "Freeing Imperfections"
Here's her version:
I was oddly craving peanut butter this morning so I thought I'd try my own version and see how it turned out. I figured I had enough ingredients so why not give it a whirl!
Here's my particular version and what you'll need:
1. You'll need 1 cup of any milk of your choice
(I use vanilla coconut or vanilla almond since my son can't digest cow's milk)
2. 1/2 cup rolled oats
(Let soak in milk for 10 min or so)
3. A big dollop of vanilla yogurt
4. Take any desired amount of each ingredient above and put in a small glass bowl.
(Don't go crazy on the coconut oil ;)
5. Microwave until melted into creamy goodness!
6. Add this mixture to your yogurt, milk and oats
7. If desired add a half to full scoop of whey, vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder and blend until smooth!
It should look frothy and creamy like this:
(Please ignore the nails! I am trying to get in for a mani asap! ;)
It's thickish but a hearty shake to be sure.
**Anything with oatmeal should never be drank at a snails pace. Trust me on this.
Shakes really help for busy mommies or for anybody who's in a rush but still wants some nutrition feeding their body. A wonder for blood sugar levels too!
Give this a try and enjoy :)
Come check out my fb page!